Tuesday 11 March 2014

Wrap It Up!

So whilst V is asleep I feel that one of the most essential baby items should be reviewed - the wrap.  In my opinion you can never have too many wraps, they are great and so versitile. I use my wraps not only for swaddling but also for covering the pram on walks, as an additional cover on top of my baby when he sleeps, as an emergency change mat, you get my drift.

I received a number of muslin wraps as gifts from family and friends which were  from various department stores about 9 I would say.  These wraps, whilst brightly coloured and appeal to the eye, unfortunately, were quite stiff, and after numerous attempts of washing them in the hope they would soften up - it did not happen.

In the end, I have decided to use these wraps for just chucking over the pram when we go for walks.

Having said this, the Dymples flanette wraps are truly a winner in my books and are good for putting over the top of bub at night with him wrapped up in another wrap.

I remember when I was looking at purchasing wraps whilst pregnant I had read a number of reviews about the Aden and Anais wraps and how great they were. I was so hesitant to buy them (at the pricey $10 a wrap) but after reading all the reviews, I thought what the heck, I am going to do this. I bought 8 Aden and Anais wraps.  Let me tell you it is money worth spent.  They are huge and can be used even on the bigger bubs.  V loves being wrapped in them. 

What I love is everytime you wash these bad boys they get softer everytime.  They have wonderful designs and I believe are the perfect present for someone, but they must be taken care of. I wash them in lingerie bags on a soft spin - as they are delicate you do not want to damage them in the wash. I have purchased the Aden and Anais Super Star Fawn Star and the Dreamer wraps.

Whilst they may seem expensive in the short term, I do not think it is a waste of money at all there are other things you can cut back on and buy cheaper stuff but with the wrap I believe it is important to get quality. I also figure, hey, if we try for more kids, they will be passed down and wouldn't go to waste.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment