Wednesday 21 May 2014

Walk it Wednesday: The Bay Run

Given the name of this blog I figured it wouldn't be much of a blog if I didn't talk about where I pushed my pram.

It is important that before setting out on any walk that you have a map if you are not familiar with the area and do a little research on the internet.

When I first went on parental leave I did not get out of our apartment at all. Then one day I was remembering all the walks I used to go on with friends or family around Sydney.

So I thought - what better way to get out not only for bub but for myself then to find pram friendly walks around that we can drive to locations then go for a nice walk for a change of scenery.  One of the first walks we did was the Bay Run.  Well for us - it was the Bay Walk.

The Bay Run is very pram friendly and you only really have to move out of the way for the serious runners and/or cyclists.  I like the fact there is a clear lane for people going in different directions as there are some people out there who do not stick to the left.

The Bay Run is located around Iron Cove, Henley Marine Drive, Drummoyne, Rodd Point and Five Dock in NSW. If you do the entire course it is about 7 km - we probably only did about a 1 hour walk because it started to rain.

For those who may have older kids coming along on the walk there are two playgrounds.  When I was super fit and I used to run this I don't remember there being many public toilets along the way - or maybe I was not on the look out for them.

For more information about the Bay Run it can be found here

A word of warning I found going during the day is best because in the morning and in late afternoons there are boot camps who run the Bay Run.

Do you have a favourite walk you go on?

No comments:

Post a Comment