Thursday 5 June 2014

Tried & Tested Thursday: Playgro's Safari Sounds Musical Tag Along Rattle

Disclosure: I have been provided with the Playgro's Safari Sounds Teething Rattle for the purposes of review. All views and opinions expressed are my own.

This is the second Playgro review we bring to you :) 

Today we are reviewing the Safari Sounds Musical Tag Along Rattle.


Playgro's Safari Sounds Musical Tag Along Rattle has been designed for 0 months + 

Just like the Picture Pal's Teething Book, I have never seen a rattle like this on the market before so we were keen to give it a go.



The top of the Playgro Safari Sounds Musical Tag Along Rattle has a zebra print which fits in nicely with the safari theme. The clamp was able to be hooked onto the pram and car seat with no problems and I knew it was not going anywhere. However,  V decided that it would be the perfect carry around item and put it on his arm.




I love the fact that this toy is so brightly coloured and appeals to the eye.  There are 7 balls inside the rattle and they are all different colours so if you are teaching kids about colours this will help out.  The balls move from side to side and is great for travel since it rattles along the way and kept little V entertained on drives as he would watch the balls go from side to side.

I like the shape of the green clasp which holds three detachables.  V thought it was the perfect teether. Maybe it is the shape that allows him to get it further inside his mouth and manipulate more.



I think it is great that Playgro have designed this rattle with two detachable characters and a teether as I put these on V's Playgro Dinosaur Gym (which I received as a gift from M's Aunty) and they hang great and still in reaching distance for V.

The first detachable character is the Zebra.  To be quite honest I did not know it was a zebra until I looked it up on the Playgro website! I suppose it has been designed with kids in mind so the bright colours would appeal to them.  When you press the Zebra it plays twinkle twinkle little star.  Unfortunately that is the only song that it plays.  For the future Playgro could consider maybe putting "the lion sleeps tonight" or some other safari themed songs or maybe just more songs than twinkle twinkle little star.  On the other hand though V loved it but has yet to figure out how to press it for the music to come out.



Now to V's favourite, the teether.  The shape is a star (which links in with the twinkle twinkle little star music).  




What I love about this is the different textures so V could turn the star around in his mouth to have different sensations.  V automatically put the star in his mouth - this kid knows what he is doing

The last of the detachables is the tiger - which I had been calling a leopard to little V - my bad.

The tiger is brightly coloured and has three ribbons which provides a different texture and is easy for little ones to grasp. 




The back of the tiger is a mirror which helps kids with recognition skills.












Whilst I can appreciate that it could be used from 0 months + I think that little ones maybe 3 months + would be able to get more use out of the product.

All in all another great product from Playgro - so if you are looking for something that is nice, different and unusual as Kath Day-Knight would say, I would recommend this product.

To purchase Playgro's Safari Sounds Musical Tag Along Rattle you can on sale at Baby Bunting for $13.56 here

No comments:

Post a Comment