Friday 1 August 2014

Budget Beauty Buy: T.N.Dickson's Witch Hazel

Now that I am getting used to being back at work and have my routine down pat.  The girls at work and I have set a special project for ourselves #projectlookgoodforsummer which you will probably start to see our posts popping up on Instagram.

One item that our lovely office manager swears by is T.N.Dickson's Witch Hazel. To be honest I had seen it mentioned on beauty blogs but knew nothing about it.

On Tuesday and Wednesday Priceline had 40% Off Skincare and I thought I would take advantage of this opportunity and buy some amongst other products I had never tried before - which you will see featured on this blog in the coming weeks.

I thought washing my face with a facial scrub and having a shower at night would be enough to get all my make up off - boy was I wrong.  This morning when I woke up I thought I would give it a go before applying my make up.

I could not believe that there was there were remnants of my makeup.  After applying the witch hazel my skin felt fresh, clean and light.  I waited about a minute before doing my normal make up routine.

It is a nice gentle toner and for me a person who has break out prone skin I found this product not to cause any reactions.

Working in an office building with the air conditioner on all day I would notice when I looked at myself in the work bathrooms that my skin, especially my face would dry out.  Today I did my daily check in the mirror and my skin had not dried out and my make up was still looking good - which is a bonus. 

Witch Hazel comes in liquid form  or pre soaked applicator wipes 

Witch Hazel Toner 240.0 mlWitch Hazel Face Wipes 60.0 pack


I purchased it in the liquid form and I use those round cotton wipes to put the Witch Hazel on then apply to my face.

I have also discovered that there are many uses for Witch Hazel.  A link to the uses can be found here

How much?

At Priceline you can get it for $6.59 (I purchased it for $3.95 during the 40% sale) for the liquid.

Where do I get it from?

Priceline, Chemists

Do you use Witch Hazel? What do you use it for? Tell me about your experience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment