Wednesday 9 April 2014

Solids & First Foods

I think one of the most satisfying things is when I find a good deal, especially since we are now a sole income household for another few months.  As V is too little to take with me to the groceries and it is too hard to wrangle both the pram and trolley at the same time I find it easier to head to my local Woolworths in the darkness while M minds the baby.

Whilst doing the shopping I went past the kitchenware section and I noticed that they had stick blenders just to get an idea what else was out there on the market.  Surprise! I found a Phillips Jamie Oliver Hand Blender for just over $31 reduced from the 70 odd dollars it was originally priced at.  I ended up purchasing it not having done much research on it purely based on price and the fact that it had a stainless steel elements to it.  I was quite surprised that it was marked down so much and the lady said it is because they are one off items Woolworths had. The steamer and food processor were also heavily discounted. The steamer from memory was about $30 as well - I would have bought it but they only had the display left.

I have always been skeptical of celebrity supported products but for the price it was I was willing to give it a go.

Another reason is that I wouldn't be using the stick blender for other than pureeing baby food so it would only be until 7-8 months as I understand it or when your baby can chew food.

There is so much mixed advice out there all contradicting each other, I think at the end of the day you just have to do what is best for the baby and work with them and know their cues.

Happy to be open to any advice out there as to what food you fed your little one and at what age.

No comments:

Post a Comment