Sunday 4 May 2014

Easter Long Weekend and ANZAC Day

Wow I cannot believe that a month has already nearly past since my last blog post - honestly where does the time go? I suppose between Easter and the ANZAC day long weekend time just got away from me.  It was lovely to have M home for a double long weekend as he was able to share the duties of looking after V with me.

Easter Long Weekend 

Easter long weekend was so busy visiting both M's family and my family - I honestly could not believe how much chocolate V received and he is not even on solids yet! M and I were stuck with all the chocolate I tried to find places where we could donate the chocolate to but there was no where I could find, most charities had already done their Easter runs prior to Easter Sunday or on Easter Sunday. If anyone knows of a place I could donate in the future please let me know :)

ANZAC Day 

ANZAC day holds a special place in my heart as my grandfather fought in World War II.  I always admire the strength and courage that our ANZACs had in fighting in the War to protect our country.  Unfortunately he died 2 years before I was born and I always wondered what he was like.  I have only seen photos of him in his army uniform and he looked fairly young in those pictures.  Mum always told me that after the war he had bad legs as a result of running in the trenches and that is what got him in the end - I hope one day I will get to meet him.

I am truly grateful for all those people who have protected and are  protecting our country and pray that they and their families are always kept safe.




No comments:

Post a Comment