Monday 26 May 2014

Mummy Monday: On the hunt for practical mum fashion and workwear

Since becoming a mother one thing I have found difficult is the transition from my pre mummy clothes i.e. lace and delicate clothes that would only be hand washed or dry cleaned to clothes that are able to be just chucked into a washing machine and little or no ironing is required.

I have also found that now after pregnancy my body shape has changed so now I am dressing for a completely new body type.

So now I am on the hunt for new clothes especially for winter which is practical for the days when I am home.

Dotti have this great warm jumper on sale for $29.00 I bought the black and white one it's called the Camden Stripe Jumper.

As a matter of fact Dotti have a number of great knits on sale most under $30 and for the budget conscious like myself this is a great find :)

In terms of footwear I am going to say something controversial..I hate flats I find they are so uncomfortable and I do not have a comfy pair - I wear them because I have to but I have come to the decision that my size 11 feet are just not made for flats.

I am looking at buying these Adidas Taekwondo shoes. They are currently 2 pairs for $120 at Paul's Warehouse  even though they are men's shoes who can really tell. I need them for comfort and for getting around and I think these will do the job. I will get a pair and I will convince M to get a pair to take advantage of the deal.

I also just realised I only have 6 weeks left of my maternity leave before returning back to work on a full time basis *gulp* just the thought of it makes me a sad as my son would be just over six months and I am scared I will miss the best moments like the first time he walks or talks.  I will definitely see how I go when I return to work because I hope that I will be able to work from home some days but at this point I really need to go back to work full time so we can save for a house.

For work fashion I have no idea what I am going to wear - I have about 5 kilos to get back to my pregnancy weight but 20 kilos to get back to the weight I was on my wedding day. I will start with small steps first and go from there! But in the meantime I will need some pieces to get me by until I lose the weight and get back into my old work clothes so far everything I have found has been seasonally inappropriate or too expensive!

Any help would be great also I need a little help as to what is in fashion at the moment. Where can I look to for inspiration?

What are your essentials for work and/or practical mummy fashion clothes?


No comments:

Post a Comment